Ambition Data is looking for a person with excellent data communication skills. Great data communication skills (aka storytelling) support fast-moving companies who need to make jargon-loaded analytics more understandable to business executives. These companies are our customers.
Your job is to employ creative and effective data storytelling techniques to communicate the team's analytical findings as well as increase the reach of data analysis results within a company.
This role is 30% data visualization, 20% digital data analyst, 20% technologist, and 30% business consulting. This position requires quantitative analysis skills, strong problem-solving skills as well as an entrepreneurial mindset. The position requires a minimum of 1-2 years of industry experience with social media analytics. This position works directly with our VP of Customer Optimization in our Portland, OR office.
The skills we would most value in you:
1. You can find the signal in the noise in a mess of data
2. You can translate data-rich subjects into an easy to understand that resonates with your audience
3. You possess strong communication skills across a range of media
4. You have some exposure to data visualization tools (e.g., Tableau, Google Data Studio)
5. You have some basic audio/video editing skills and are generally comfortable on camera
6. You can create crisp presentations using data visualization
7. You are insatiably curious with proactive problem-solving skills
Supporting skills you should have:
1-2 years of industry experience with social media analytics
A plus is to have 1-2 years of industry experience with, and online advertising analytics
Experience communicating information in PowerPoint or similar
An excellent sense of grammar both written and spoken
A natural, relatable, personable communication style
Job Type: Full-time
To apply, please send a cover letter, portfolio and resume to email@example.com.